Basil Vinaigrette Dressing is an easy "go-to" dressing. It requires limited ingredients, it is fresh, flavorful and super easy to whip up. If you grow basil or have an excess from a weekend farmers' market, this dressing is delicious and mixes up the everyday olive oil and vinegar routine.
Here is what you'll need to make your Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, loose
- ½ cup oil (I use a combination of olive oil and avocado oil. Tip: Avocado oil will not solidfy as much as olive oil when stored in the fridge.)
- ½ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- zest of one lemon
- 2-3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- I make my dressings without honey, although, if you just can't stand it without the sweetness, I would add 2 tbsp local, unpasteurized honey.
Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend. I do try to press the garlic, if I am not in a hurry.
Enjoy on a mixed salad, chicken or veggies.